This project came about when I found thinkgeek.com's "Grow your own 1up mushroom kit" while I was looking for a christmas present for a friend. It would have been a perfect gift but sadly it was an April Fools joke. Undeterred I decided to make my own. A quick trip to the hardware store netted me a PVC pipe coupler and some green spray paint. After removing the bar code I primed, painted, then gloss coated the pipe. The mushroom I sculpted(more like smooshed into the right shape) out of air drying clay, sprayed white, then painted on the green. A circle of foamcore to block the bottom of the tube, some gravel from my patio and some mulch from my yard finished it.